Helping the Next Generation Matters!
Teach your youth and teens about the value of saving money by opening a savings account.
Youth/Teen accounts include (17 Years and Younger):
- Low minimum balance of $5.00
- No monthly service charges
- Dividends compounded monthly
Things to keep in mind when opening an account:
- Minor’s social security card is required at account opening
- Parent/legal guardian must qualify as the joint owner when under the age of 18
Our Rewards Programs*
Marvin League/ Youth Account
Kids 12 & under
- Free piggy bank, t-shirt, and other goodies when membership is opened.
- Free gift for birthdays
- Rewards for saving: Each time your child makes a deposit of $10 or more, they will get a “punch” on their rewards card**. After the card is full (10 punches) they get a free pass to Air Maxx Trampoline Park.
- Good Grade Incentive: Marvin knows that getting good grades is cool, so if your child has good grades, bring in their report card, and receive a free movie ticket to Marcus Theaters!
- Newsletters & Coloring Contests: We love creative kids, that’s why we offer coloring contests for cool prizes! Keep an eye out in your next bi-annual Marvin Newsletter made just for children!
- Moosla Bucks: If you see Marvin the Moose out in the community, he will often times have Moosla Bucks with him. GRFCU will match your deposit of $5 when you bring in your Moosla Bucks! You will also get a punch for saving that day!
- Account Opening: Instead of just getting a high five (or the new COVID “elbow bump”), teens will now receive a really cool water bottle when opening a new membership with us.
- Rewards for saving: Every time you deposit $20 or more into a Youth Savings Account at one of our branches, a member of our team will initial the rewards card to work towards a unique deck of playing cards. All you need is 10 deposits to be rewarded.***
- Good Grade Incentive: We all know that good grades matter. So if you have good grades, bring in your report card, and receive a free movie ticket to Marcus Theaters!
- VISA Debit/ATM Cards: Members ages 16 and older can open a Debit or ATM card to access their funds directly from their checking or saving account.
Guidelines aren’t our favorite, but here they are:
*Benefits and giveaways are for open and active GRFCU Members between 0 and 18 Years of age. Giveaway values vary. Each item has a retail value of $10 or less. No purchase necessary.
**All punch cards need initials from a GRFCU Employee. One stamp per day, no matter the amount deposited above $10 minimum. Offer is subject to change at any time.
***One punch per business day no matter the amount above $20 minimum. Must have card in person during each transaction. Offer is subject to change at any time.
Note to Parents: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) require we inform parents how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 18.
Great River Federal Credit Union does not solicit or collect information from children anywhere on our website. In fact, we do not require any visitors to our web pages to submit any personal information to access our site.
Youth/Teen accounts are eligible for the Member Referral Bonus!
When a minor account is opened, the person referring gets $50, and the minor account will also be credited $50!*