“During my professional career, I have had the opportunity to work for larger Fortune 100 Banks as well as smaller more member focused Credit Unions. I have worked for Great River for just over a year and this is the first company where I can honestly say that everyone from CEO down celebrates your successes and is there to build you up when things just don’t go as expected.”
– Noble | Virtual Branch Manager
“When I started here I felt very welcomed! Everyone was eager to help me learn and I loved that! You guys are really good about working around my class schedule and allow me to go to school and work great hours! I also appreciate all the members and I’m really glad I am able to work here and help them! Julie is the best supervisor I could have ever asked for!”
– Amy R. | Member Advisor I
“I have loved every minute of working at Great River Federal Credit Union. They welcomed me in like family from my first interview and have cared about me professionally and personally ever since! From having your birthday as paid time off to getting your student debt paid off by the credit union, Great River is hard to beat!”
– Alexandra | Branch Coordinator
“Our slogan is Every Story Matters and as a company we live it every day. From the day I started I feel that everyone here is looking out for each other and our members. We try to customize every experience for members so they are heard and can find guidance with their financial needs. This is also true for the employees at Great River FCU. The benefits offered help both with our work days and personal lives. The flexible schedule and the ability to take time to volunteer in my daughters classroom has really helped me keep my work/life balance.
I feel heard as an employee at Great River. When I need help finding a solution for a member or a general work question everyone is always willing to brainstorm find the best solution.
When I started I was not only surprised at how willing the other employees were to help each other but the fantastic benefits that are offered like the 7% match to our 401k or the $75 match to an HSA and so much more.
Over the course of my career with Great River federal Credit Union I have found that everyone is very welcoming and the management truly cares about their employees. Starting out as a teller I’ve been able to work my way up to my current position in Accounting, and I feel the company encourages us to grow with them through the training sessions and career opportunities offered. My peers are supportive and approachable making this enjoyable place to work.”
– Courtney S. | Accountant II
“Great River genuinely cares about their employees. Management believes in the perfect work/life balance, and is willing to make changes in the schedule if needed. When new opportunities are available, they look to promote within first. We strive to help each other, our members, and our community in any way we can!”
– Haley | Branch Support Specialist
“Just a few things that I LOVE about GR are:
- I actually feel valued as an employee here, and what I do matters and is important
- Management even up to Brant (CEO) actually treats everyone with respect. Heck Brant will even sit down with you on break and just chat with you, (and possibly share some of his homemade jam with you) just person to person.
- Everyone is down to earth, and is so willing to help out wherever they can
- Management here is fantastic (go Juls)
- They want to see you grow and thrive here
- I actually like who I work for, and I trust them to have my back
- Overall its just a great atmosphere
- Even when you mess up, they are not going to be horrible about it, they are just going to help you fix it and learn from it so you know how to do it correctly next time”
-Brianna | Member Advisor I
“Since the moment I walked in the door at GRFCU I have continued to find opportunities to advance. I first started as a Member Advisor I (formally Cash Manger) and am now the Consumer Processor Underwriter. There is always something new around the corner whether to advance your career or even the great benefits! They currently offer a paydown program for qualified student loans that will help me to pay them off faster! Your coworkers really become like family and that’s such a positive atmosphere.”
– Heather A. | Consumer Processor Underwriter