‘Tis The Season of Giving!
At Great River, it’s always the season of giving. We support our community through monetary donations from our corporate giving budget, organizing fundraisers, and encouraging our employees to volunteer by giving them 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year. This past year our team volunteered a total of 414 hours and we donated just over 5% of our profits which totaled over $50,000! As this year comes to a close, we’d like to take some time to reflect on how we made a difference in our community in 2021.
Some of the ways we made a difference in 2021:
- Gave Stearns Dispatch gift cards to Jule’s Bistro.
- Passed out Valentine cookies to members at our drive-ups.
- Wrote Valentine’s Day cards and delivered treats to Good Shepard Community.
- Rewarded an outstanding standing teacher at Lincoln Elementary with a monetary donation and flowers.
- Purchased coffee sleeves for Rock Creek Coffeehouse to hand out to patrons.
- Gave Rock Creek Coffeehouse gift cards for the Mississippi Heights Elementary School Staff.
- Foley Floral donation to Gardens at Foley.
- Donated craft supplies and games to Madison Elementary School.
Paid for random orders from a local food truck at Summertime by George.
- Donated $2,000 to the Riverview Intermediate Sartell School’s new playground.
- Making a Difference Award (GRFCU Peer Voted Award) recipients chose a variety of non-profits to donate to.
- Donated over $1,800 worth of collars, leashes, cones and food, $1,000 worth of beds, and $1,000 worth of food from Central feed in Foley to Ruff Start.
- Purchased four stand-up desks for Foley Schools.
- Donated $3,000 to the Mississippi Heights Elementary Library.
- Donated over $4,000 to Big Lake Elementary Teachers.
- Purchased pizzas to Talahi Elementary School during conferences.
- Donated $3,000 worth of food and flowers for Terebinth Refuge.
- Coordinated a Veteran’s Day food drive that both employees and members could participate in.
- Gave Thanksgiving pies to random shoppers at the Foley, Sauk Centre & Sartell Coborn’s.
- We sent Adventure Coffee to the St. Cloud VA and the St. Cloud Hospital and paid for the staff & patient’s coffee.
- Purchased hats, gloves, jackets, and pants for the Sartell, Sauk Rapids and Foley School Districts.
- Donated school supplies, coats, pants, hats, and mittens to Discovery Elementary School.
- Provided the Sauk Centre Ambulance three brand new laptops.
- Foley Conference Food donation $2k.
Donated for the purchase of gas meters at the Sartell Fire & Rescue Department.
- We stocked up Sauk Centre School’s NEW Emergency Supply Room
- Donated Supplies for the Sauk Centre Art Department.
Performed random acts of kindness, including giving $5 gift cards to many members in our branch drive-up lanes.
Purchased specialty Safety Restraint Equipment for the Sauk Rapids Police Department.
Donated to the purchase of 2 body cameras for the Waite Park Police Department.
- Organized Ann Marie’s Alliance giving tree. Employees and members took an ornament from the tree and donated the gift that was written on that ornament.
- Gave $200 gift cards to First Responders, Fire Departments, and/or Police Departments in each of the 7 cities we are located in.
- Bell ringing at multiple Coborn’s locations.
- Coordinated Habitat for Humanity Build and Adopt a Highway Clean Up volunteer opportunities.
Improving our community matters!
We were able to achieve so much this year because of YOU, our Members, our Wellbeing and Great River Gives Back committees, our Board of Directors, and the entire Great River Team. We will continue to do our part by helping charitable organizations and we encourage you to do the same. Happy holidays to you & your family and we look forward to hearing how you make a difference in your communities!