Mobile Banking allows access to many of Great River FCU’s Online Banking features on your mobile device. For starters you can view account balances, transfer within your account, make loan payments, and manage BillPay. Mobile Banking utilizes security features equivalent to Great River FCU’s Online Banking. This includes multi-factor authentication, SSL encryption, and session timeouts.
For added security Great River FCU recommends taking these extra steps:
- Do not save login credentials anywhere accessible on the mobile device
- Set your mobile device to lock with a password when not in use
- Utilize the alerting features of Online Banking to be alerted of unusual activity
All you need to access Mobile Banking is to be a registered user of our Online Banking product and have a mobile device with a data plan. Mobile Banking is optimized for iPhone and Android devices which will receive the most robust interface and features.
Mobile Banking FAQ
How do you access Mobile Banking from your phone?
Visit Great River FCU’s mobile website at http://mobile.greatriverfcu.org from your phone’s web browser.
What should you do if locked out of Mobile Banking?
Just as with Online Banking contact Great River FCU to unlock and/or reset your PIN if necessary.
What should you do if your phone is lost or stolen?
If your phone is lost or stolen it is recommended that you change your password to any site or service accessed from your phone in order to prevent identity theft. Great River FCU’s Mobile Banking does not store any confidential information on your phone.
What services are not available on Mobile Banking?
eStatements and Visa Online are not available through Mobile Banking.
Online & Mobile Banking Alerting Features
Great River FCU recommends utilizing the alerting features to help keep you informed of activity on your account. These are customizable and can be useful to detect any unusual activity early on. Follow these steps to setup alerts in Online Banking (the settings carry over to Mobile as well):Online Banking
- Once logged into Online Banking go to the Accounts menu and click on Account Alerts. Here you will see current setup alerts.
- Click the ‘Click here to add new alerts or reminders’ button. Under the dropdown menu you will see a variety of alert types available.
- Click the ‘Select Alert Type’ dropdown and select ‘Event Alerts’.
- Here you can choose which type of events to be alerted of. The following are a few examples of good alert settings (check these):Account lockout from too many invalid logins
- PIN change attempted (Failed or Successful)
- Login from outside the country: United States
- Login from outside the state: [MN]
**Note that mobile phones often do not display the correct state**
- Internet banking transfer amount is above: [1.00]
**Depends on how often you want to be alerted. This will only alert for internet banking transfers.**
- My email address changes
- Email [email@example.com]
- Next to these options you can click the magnifying glass icon to see an example of the alerts.
- Click ‘Submit’ and click ‘Submit’ again on the following page to apply these alerts.
For Billpay alerts, go to the Billpay menu and click ‘Account Setup’ then ‘Payment Preferences’ on the bottom of the page.
Under ‘Default Email Notification’ you can choose when to be alerted of payments being made.
Lastly, if you go to the ‘Options’ menu and click ‘Statistics’ you can see a history of IP addressses and ISP’s that you logged into your account from. Please note that the transaction count does not mean financial transactions.