Young Children Enjoying Their Finances & Understanding Them Matters!
Teach your children and youth about the value of saving money by opening a savings account.
Minor/young adult accounts include (up to 24 years of age):
- Low minimum balance of $5.00
- No monthly service charges
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Minor’s social security card is required at account opening
- Parent/legal guardian must qualify as the joint owner when minor is under the age of 18
- Free piggy bank when account is opened
- Free gift for birthdays
- Rewards for saving: Each time your child makes a deposit, they will get a “punch” on their punch card. After the card is full (10 punches) they get a free pass to Air Maxx Trampoline Park or SC Rox game ticket!
- Good Grade Incentive: Marvin knows that getting good grades is COOL, so if your child has good grades, bring in their report card, and receive a free movie ticket to Marcus Theaters!
- Coloring Contests: We love creative kids, that’s why we offer coloring contests for cool prizes! Check our “More for Members” page to see if there is a current coloring contest.
- Moosla Bucks: If you see Marvin out in the community, he will often times have Moosla Bucks with him. GRFCU will match your deposit of $5 when you bring in your Moosla Bucks! You will also get a punch for saving that day!
Over $1,100 was matched with kids deposits in returned Moosla Bucks to our branches in 2018!
- Special events including prize drawings, and a visit from Santa