Young Children Enjoying Their Finances & Understanding Them Matters!
Teach your children and youth about the value of saving money by opening a savings account.
Minor/young adult accounts include (up to 24 years of age):
- Low minimum balance of $5.00
- No monthly service charges
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Minor’s social security card is required at account opening
- Parent/legal guardian must qualify as the joint owner when minor is under the age of 18
- Free piggy bank when account is opened
- Free gift for birthdays
- Rewards for saving: Each time your child makes a deposit, they will get a “punch” on their punch card. After the card is full (10 punches) they get a free pass to Air Maxx Trampoline Park or SC Rox game ticket!
- Good Grade Incentive: Marvin knows that getting good grades is COOL, so if your child has good grades, bring in their report card, and receive a free movie ticket to Marcus Theatres!
- Coloring Contests: We love creative kids, that’s why we offer coloring contests for cool prizes! Check our “More for Members” page to see if there is a current coloring contest.
- Moosla Bucks: If you see Marvin out in the community, he will often times have Moosla Bucks with him. GRFCU will match your deposit of $5 when you bring in your Moosla Bucks! You will also get a punch for saving that day!
Over $500 was matched with kids deposits in returned Moosla Bucks to our branches in 2017!
- Special events including prize drawings, and a visit from Santa
Note to Parents: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) require we inform parents how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13.
Great River Federal Credit Union does not solicit or collect information from children anywhere on our website. In fact, we do not require any visitors to our web pages to submit any personal information to access our site.