Children Enjoying Their Finances & Understanding Them Matters!
Teach your children and youth about the value of saving money by opening a savings account.
Minor/young adult accounts include (up to 17 years of age):
- Low minimum balance of $5.00
- No monthly service charges
- Dividends compounded monthly
Things to keep in mind when opening an account:
- Minor’s social security card is required at account opening
- Parent/legal guardian must qualify as the joint owner when under the age of 18
- Free piggy bank when account is opened
- Free gift for birthdays
- Rewards for saving: Each time your child makes a deposit, they will get a “punch” on their punch card**. After the card is full (10 punches) they get a free pass to Air Maxx Trampoline Park or SC Rox game ticket!
- Good Grade Incentive: Marvin knows that getting good grades is COOL, so if your child has good grades, bring in their report card, and receive a free movie ticket to Marcus Theaters!
- Coloring Contests: We love creative kids, that’s why we offer coloring contests for cool prizes!
- Moosla Bucks: If you see Marvin out in the community, he will often times have Moosla Bucks with him. GRFCU will match your deposit of $5 when you bring in your Moosla Bucks! You will also get a punch for saving that day!
- Special events including prize drawings, and a visit from Santa
*Benefits and giveaways are for open and active GRFCU Members between 0 and 12 Years of age. Giveaway values vary. Each item has a retail value of $10 or less. No purchase necessary.
**All punch cards need initials from a GRFCU Employee. One stamp per day, no matter the amount deposited above $10 minimum. Offer is subject to change at any time.
Note to Parents: The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) require we inform parents how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13.
Great River Federal Credit Union does not solicit or collect information from children anywhere on our website. In fact, we do not require any visitors to our web pages to submit any personal information to access our site.
Introducing our NEW deposit card for youth ages 13 -18!
Get an initial from a Member Advisor for every deposit made over $20 into your youth account.
After 10 deposits you will receive a water bottle or a deck of cards.***
Guidelines aren’t our favorite, but here they are:
***One punch per business day no matter the amount above $20 minimum. Must have card in person during each transaction. Offer is subject to change at any time.
Santa Day 2020
Help Us Protect Santa!
To help keep you and Santa healthy, we have decided to not host Santa Day this year. But we still want to make sure your letter to Santa makes it to the North Pole! Drop off your letter at any of our branch drive-ups throughout the month of December and we will send it off to Santa. PLUS, you will get a candy cane! How COOL is that?!
We have provided a Santa letter sheet just for you! Write to Santa what is on your wish list.