We offer the perfect account to meet all of your checking needs.
Our checking account offers:
- No minimum balance
- Free Visa debit / check card (for those who qualify)
- Monthly statements or e-statements
- Free CALL24/phone banking
- Free online banking
- Free Mobile App
- Free Mobile Check Deposit
- Free Billpay (Not available for Business Accounts)
- Overdraft protection available from share savings account
- Courtesy Pay Overdraft Protection
- Line of credit overdraft protection (for those who qualify)
- Premier members receive 1 free box of checks per year with our member relationship plans
- Three easy ways to reorder checks
- Stop in
- Call 1-877-585-8777
- Order online
- Three easy ways to reorder checks
Have more questions? Check out our Checking Account Brochure.
Open up a checking account today by stopping by any of our convenient locations.
Few things to note before opening a Checking Account:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Bring with you a State Identification Card, Driver’s License or Passport.
- Must have a Savings Account with Great River Federal Credit Union. It’s an easy $5 initial deposit to open a Savings Account and buys you ownership into the Credit Union. You can open this the same day!
Check out how we’ve made it easy to take your banking with you on the go!
OVERDRAFT LINE OF CREDIT
This is an unsecured loan that may be used as overdraft protection or as a personal loan.
- Individual credit limits are based on application information and are available upon approval.
- Payments are automatically deducted from the checking account on the 28th of each month.
- Minimum payment is $20.00 for balances of $500 or less, with minimum payment increasing by $20.00 for each additional $500 that is advanced.
- Advances take place to cover an overdraft eliminating the $30.00 non-sufficient funds fee, or member can request an advance.
System Generated Advances
- If the checking account is overdrawn, the Line of Credit will automatically transfer funds in increments of $300.
- If there is not $300 available in the line of credit, the remaining available credit limit will transfer.
Member Initiated Advances
- When used as a personal loan, advances can be done by member via Call24, home banking or teller transaction at no charge.
- Minimum advance amount of $100. If the remaining available credit limit is less than $100, the member may call or stop in to transfer the remaining amount.
from your savings account to avoid being declined. If your checking account is overdrawn and there are funds available in your regular savings account, funds will advance and transfer fees may apply. Transfer Limitations– no more than six (6) preauthorized, automatic, telephone, or internet transfers and withdrawals may be made from each account to another account of yours or to a third party in any month, per Federal Requirements.
You now have the option to let us cover you with up to $500 of overdraft protection by using our Courtesy Pay! Avoid the embarrassment of being declined.
Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual courtesy, whereby we may honor your insufficient transactions up to your limit of $500.00, as long as you continue to maintain your checking account in good standing, which includes at least: 1) you are not in default on any loan obligation to Great River Federal Credit Union; 2) you bring your account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days. Courtesy Pay does not guarantee that Great River Federal Credit Union will pay your insufficient item. However, if you have an overdraft, your account will be charged our standard $30 overdraft fee. If your account is in good standing, as described above, then Courtesy Pay coverage will automatically be added to your checking account to cover checks, automatic bill payments and other debit transactions.
- Discretionary non-contractual overdraft protection service
- Non-Sufficient Funds items (NSF) may be paid instead of being returned unpaid
- $30 per item fee will apply
- Automatically added to your account for checks and automatic recurring bill payments such as gym membership, electric bill, insurance payment, etc.
- Contact us to opt in for one time debit card and one time ATM transactions
- Approval limit up to $500
- Checking account must be in good standing and open for at least 60 days
- Please see the Courtesy Pay Policy for full program details
- Courtesy Pay FAQ